Rice bran oil production is a process that involves several steps and equipment. There are some of the equipment required for rice bran oil production are:
1. Screening equipment: This is used to remove impurities and foreign materials from the rice bran, such as stones, dust, metal, etc.
2. Crushing equipment: This is used to reduce the size of the rice bran and make it suitable for further processing. Crushing can also increase the oil yield and improve the quality of the oil.
3. Softening equipment: This is used to adjust the moisture and temperature of the rice bran, which can enhance the plasticity and elasticity of the oil cells and facilitate the oil extraction.
4. Embryo rolling equipment: This is used to flatten the rice bran into thin flakes, which can increase the contact area between the oil and the solvent and improve the extraction efficiency.
5. Steaming and frying equipment: This is used to heat and cook the rice bran flakes, which can deactivate the enzymes, destroy the cell structure, and reduce the viscosity of the oil.
6. Pressing equipment: This is used to squeeze out the oil from the rice bran flakes by applying mechanical pressure. The pressing method can be divided into hot press and cold press. The hot press is more commonly used for rice bran oil production, as it can achieve higher oil yield and better quality.
7. Peeling equipment: This is used to remove the outer layer of the rice bran oil cake, which contains wax, gum, pigment, and other impurities. The peeling process can improve the quality and appearance of the crude oil.
8. Extraction equipment: This is used to extract the residual oil from the rice bran cake by using a solvent, usually hexane. The extraction process can further increase the oil yield and reduce the oil content in the cake.
9. Refining equipment: This is used to purify and improve the crude oil by removing impurities, such as free fatty acids, phospholipids, pigments, odors, etc. The rice bran oil refining process can be divided into four steps: dehydration, decolorization, deacidification, and deodorization. Some rice bran oil also needs to undergo dewaxing and degreasing, or fractionation.
These are some of the main equipment that are required for rice bran oil production. However, different production methods may have different equipment configurations and requirements.