Rice bran oil is made from the brown layer of rice, which is rich in antioxidants. Here are the steps foe how to make rice bran oil:
1. Cleaning: The first step is to clean the raw material, which is the rice bran.
2. Conditioning: Rice bran contains 17 to 23% oil by weight, depending on the variety.
3. Puffing: A puffing machine is used to destroy the oil seeds cell completely with high temperature and high pressure. This is a necessary part of making rice bran oil.
4. Extraction: The oil is then extracted from the bran and germ using an expeller. The mechanical pressing method is used in conjunction with the physical pressing method, which is used to extract crude oil from oilseeds or oil crops.
5. Refining: The obtained oil is further refined by filtering. The oil is then refined and separated into a clear liquid and hard fraction.
6. Dewaxing: Finally, a dewaxing process may be applied to ensure the oil’s quality.
The end product of this process is high-quality refined rice bran oil. This oil has a high smoke point and mild flavor, making it particularly ideal for high-temperature cooking methods such as stir frying and deep frying.
Please note that this process requires specialized equipment and should be carried out with caution due to the high temperatures involved.